Functional. Fast. Cheap. This DIY message board is all of the above. It has a lovely vintage vibe too which makes it a win-win-win in my book.
This project took me literally about 15 minutes to complete, and only cost me less than $15.
I’m hoping the “I have to photo bomb all of Mama’s photos” thing is a phase…
Here’s what you will need:
- Burlap painted frame. It was already painted – saves even more steps! Hobby Lobby $12.99 but used a 40% off coupon!
- Jute rope (already had in my craft hoard)
- Rhinestone thumbtacks, DAISO (the Japanese dollar store) $1.50
- Lace tape, DAISO $1.50. I used two rolls of the white.
- Floral laundry pins, DAISO 10 for $1.50
You can find the above DAISO products at a dollar store or substitute for similar items. They are all fairly simple and easy to find.
One thing you will not need to make the board – crafting skill. Nope, none whatsoever. It is so easy-peasy it makes a great first project and it takes hardly any time at all. Want to make one too? Here’s how.
Here’s what you do:
- Affix the lace tape to the border of the frame
- Tie a knot in your rope and use the rhinestone push pin to hold it in place in the upper left corner.
- Tightly zig zag your rope across the board, securing it on the sides with your push pins
- Cut your rope and tie a knot in the end.
- Clip your laundry pins to it.
- Hang it up!
And because I just can’t ever leave it alone, I went back and added vinyl words that I cut out on my silhouette – and now I love it even more!